Players build up DKP points by participating in raids, showing up on time, killing bosses and staying until the end of the raid. These DKP points are then used to "buy" the items that drop in the instance. If you have a lot of DKP points you will be able to buy more items than a player that does not have many points. We have a website running where you can keep track of your DKP points: http://obsidian.redhand.nl/eqdkp
Here's how we handle DKP in more detail
- All players that are present at the start of the raid (mostly 20:00 atm) get some points for showing up on time.
- All players that are present at the end of the raid get some points for being there at the end. This means that players that do not leave in the middle of the raid and show up on time get both points.
- When a boss is killed, all players that are present during the kill receive some DKP points (depending on the difficulty of the boss).
- When loot is dropped (by a boss or a random mob):
* Players that want the item will tell the raidleader/loot master
* The player with the highest number of DKP points gets the item
* If 2 or more players that want an item have equal DKP points they /roll for it
* If a player has a negative number of DKP points they can still bid for the item, but of course they will only get it when no other players wants it.
* The player that gets the items has the DKP cost of the item subtracted from his current balance
* If no one wants the item it will be disenchanted and the materials will be send to the bank.
- If a player buys an item, all players in the raid will receive (item value / number of players in raid) DKP points as a bonus. This means that if an item of 40 DKP points is bought, all players in a 20 man raid will get 40/20=2 DKP points. So, the better the drops, the more DKP points everyone gets.
That sort of sums it up. The exact number of DKP points awarded for joining on time/staying till the end varies with each instance and the number of points for killing a boss also varies with the difficulty of the kill and whether or not it's a first kill. E.g. Mar'li (ZG Spiderboss) is normally 2.5 DKP points, but yesterday was a first kill so we gave her 5.0 DKP points for this time (first kill bonus).
NOTE: the DKP system is still under development and may be changed at any time. No rights can be claimed on the information above.