Macros

Onyx
Site Admin

Post by Onyx »

Irothana wrote:blizz doesnt allow mutliple stance changes as switching 1 stance activates global cooldown for stance switching and a macro all happens at the same second (no delay)

Iro
Yeah, I know, but can't that be solved with a /castsequence?

Onyx.
Irothana
Warlord

Post by Irothana »

if it makes it wait for 1,5 second it does, cause you can only switch stance after the global cooldown has expired+blizz doesnt allow more as one skill in a macro (with exeption of stance switch+ skill)

Iro
Rest & Relaxation
Where did we start? Where are we going? ... Where are we now?
Gamleerik
First Sergeant

Post by Gamleerik »

this macro isn't usable anymore. :(
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
"Life is like a concentration camp... you can't leave without dying."
Tedrisa
Warlord Commander

Post by Tedrisa »

New one for Iro's char

/cast [stance : 1] Charge ; [stance : 3] intercept;
Gamleerik
First Sergeant

Post by Gamleerik »

Tedrisa wrote:New one for Iro's char

not realy needed, you just have charge on the battlestance actionbar, the same place as you have intersept on the zerkerstance actionbar, then you just hotkey button, like T, Like i have :P and the came you can do with shield bash and pummel
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Gamleerik
First Sergeant

Post by Gamleerik »

Onyx
Site Admin

Post by Onyx »

^ See Ted, macros and keybinding ftw. This should really be able to help you get some things done a bit easier without killing your hands :D

Onyx.
Irothana
Warlord

Post by Irothana »

its kinda usefull tbh, as i place most non dmg/tank related skills outside the main actionbar, btw sweet combos with keybindings

Charge: Shift+T
bloodrage: T

as i just press T 2x and one of those i hold shift :P
this works wonders on lock btw ;) but wrong topic for that
shift+1 = UA 1=Corr

Iro
Rest & Relaxation
Where did we start? Where are we going? ... Where are we now?
Tedrisa
Warlord Commander

Post by Tedrisa »

Gamleerik wrote:
Tedrisa wrote:New one for Iro's char

not realy needed, you just have charge on the battlestance actionbar, the same place as you have intersept on the zerkerstance actionbar, then you just hotkey button, like T, Like i have :P and the came you can do with shield bash and pummel
You are preaching to the converted m8 I already position things this way but Iro asked for it so I provide it

EDIT: OOOOOoooo I like this one (if it works)

/cast [stance:3] Berserker Rage
/stopcasting
/cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; Berserker Stance
Tedrisa
Warlord Commander

Post by Tedrisa »

From here (thanks Gam)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros/Wa ... king_macro

I tried this one last night before Kara

/castrandom [target=mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] Devastate; Devastate, Devastate, Revenge
/cast Shield Block
/stopcasting
/cast Heroic Strike

To be honest I wasnt impressed - the sunders (from the devistate) were WAY too slow appearing. For some reason the Heroic strike appeared to dominate :(

I was so unimpressed that I didnt use it in Kara.
Tedrisa
Warlord Commander

Post by Tedrisa »

Ok - new post about macro making. I've been playing Stryphe quite a lot to get her to L35 (enchanting leveling stopped so I had to level her). I found that I was making a lot of repeatable key presses so I set up this macro

/castsequence reset=30/shift Corruption(Rank 3), Curse of Agony(Rank 3), Shadow Bolt(Rank 5), Drain Life(Rank 2)

and got it wrong :!: so I did a little digging around and found out that the macro system is very picky about what exact wording and a quick way to work around it :D

Slight explanation of the above macro - the /castesequence speaks for itself reset=30/shift tells the macro to reset after 20 seconds or with a shiftclick. the rest is the spells to cast.

1) ok first thing is to always open the macro window with /macro as the system used to block you out from certain other things if you used the macro button.
2) Open your spell list as well
3) create the macro in the usual way - new...

add the castsequence and reset bit explained above then shift click the spells from your spellbook directly to the macro. remember to put a comma then a space after each spell except the last.

4) Finaly -> Test on a low level mob

Works every time and saves ages/mistakes

EDIT: 5) when you level and get new spells etc. REVISIT your macros
Last edited by Tedrisa on 24 Jan 2008, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Onyx
Site Admin

Post by Onyx »

Nice one.... I've thought about making one like that too, but for bossfights it's only usefull for the initial application of DoT's. They all expire at different times so afterwards you need to reapply them one by one.

My favorites are still focus macros as they allow you to handle 2 mobs at once without thinking about it.

Onyx.